Argumentative Essay Topics on Air Pollution, Custom Essays, Term Papers, Research Papers, Writing Help and Writing Tips, Custom Writing Service Blog
We write papers to make our customers pleased
Choose from a wide range of academic writing tasks and get the one you need
20 Argumentative Essay Topics on Air Pollution
November 22, 2016
Most forms of atmospheric pollution are harmful to human health as well as the environment at both urban and rural areas and this is because the activities that lead to pollutants being released into the air are carried out in both areas. The regions most affected by air pollution are nations in the developed and developing world such as China, India and Bulgaria. Industrialized nations such as the United Kingdom, Germany and the US also struggle with air pollution problems mostly as a result of human activity.
Statistics show that if the Earth continues to burn fossil fuels in large quantities as we currently do, approximately 6million people will die yearly as a result of air pollution. Therefore, a true discussion on the effects of air pollution and how to reduce them is important for the future. Educating yourself as well as the public on air pollution is one way to counter these effects and essay writing is a step in the right direction. This means that a task on writing an argumentative air pollution essay must be taken seriously. Therefore, this article shall be providing 20 essay topics students can utilize as headlines for writing and talking about air pollution.
20 air pollution essay topics:
- Air Pollutants and Their Harmful Effects
- Analyzing the Components in Air Pollutants
- How Do Human Activities Create Air Pollutants
- Nature and the Role it Plays in Air Pollution
- The Adverse Effects of Air Pollution to Human Health
- Analyzing the Negative Effects of Air Pollution on the Ecosystem
- The Economic and Financial Toil of Air Pollution on Developed Economies
- The Cost of Mitigating Air Pollution
- Air Pollution in the Developing World: A Growing Concern
- Tackling Air Pollution and its Effects in Urban Communities
- Decimating the Effects of Fossil Fuel Burning on Human Health
- Making a Case for the Diesel Engine, the Leading Cause of Air Pollution
- Air Pollution at Home: The Emerging Threat
- The Effects of Burning Fossil Fuels in Domestic Enclaves
- Air Pollution and its Effect on the Human Mental State
- Understanding How Air Pollution Creates Attention Deficit Problems in Kids
- Developing Policies to Counter the Effects of Air Pollution
- The Importance of Educating the Public on Air Pollution
- Air Pollution and its Impact on Public Health
- The Association between Air Pollution and Global Warming
Now that you have chosen a topic for your air pollution essay, the next step is learning more about the make-up of an argumentative essay, and doing the research needed to come up with important facts for your arguments. Our learning materials include one providing 10 argumentative essay facts on air pollution as well as tips on writing a platinum tier argumentative essay on air pollution. Lastly, a sample argumentative essay will be written using one of the topics above to help you start with drafting yours.
Sample Argumentative Essay: How Human Activities Create More Air Pollutants
Since the beginning of human existence, man has continuously produced waste and has applied dubious means to dispose of this waste. But when industrialization came with a set of new effective ways to manufacture mass products and drastically increased the amount of waste man produced, the lack of understanding of its effect on the environment has led to dire consequences. Therefore, this essay will discuss how human activities have been more involved in polluting the air than natural disasters with the use of case studies to make my points.
Although natural disasters such as hurricanes and volcanoes preceded the discovery of fossil fuels by man, the indiscriminate use of these fuels has done more damage to the entire earth’s population than all natural disasters combined. Statistics from the UK’s Environment Audit Committee stated that the burning of diesel and fossil fuel emits approximately 46% of carbon monoxide and 42% nitrogen oxide into the air. These emissions were in part responsible for the great smog in London which caused approximately 8,000 deaths in 1957. A study on this calamity found that cold weather was responsible for reduced visibility but gas emissions from burnt fossil fuels were the primary cause of the recorded fatalities.
The case of human’s polluting the air to our detriment is also similar in the United States. Using California as the example, human activities related to the burning of fossil fuels in vehicles, factories and power plants. A majority of California’s 33 million residents are guilty of this due to the use of vehicles that burn fossil fuels. Sadly, this pollution has been attributed to 5,000 deaths yearly in the State. Asia is not left out either, the industrial growth in China and India has led to deadly consequences for its citizens. A study conducted on the level of air pollution in Beijing found that the city’s populace produced enough gas emissions to travel as high as the Central Valley in the US. The fall-out of this pollution is the approximately 250,000 deaths on a yearly basis as well as other disease such as the Beijing cough attributed to China’s polluted air.
In conclusion, the human pursuit of economic gains with no regards of how economic activities and our luxurious life style affect the environment has led to disaster to both the ecosystem and the standard of living we experience. And if not curtailed, the year 2050 will witness an unprecedented death rate of 6million humans due to health related problems caused by air pollution. This means that the responsibility of protecting our future and the lives of those unborn from the devastating effects of air pollution is in our capable hands.
Here we come to the end of our air pollution essay covering the topic of human role in producing air pollutants. For further reading do not hesitate to read up on the 10 argumentative essay facts on air pollution and its follow-up on writing a platinum tier argumentative essay on air pollution.
Han, X. & Naeher, L. (2006). A Review of Traffic-related Air Pollution Exposure Assessment Studies in the Developing World. Environment International, 32(1), pp.106-120.
Thurston, G. (2007). Air Pollution, Human Health, Climate Change and You. Thorax, 62(9), pp.748-749.
Pope, C. (2000). Epidemiology of Fine Particulate Air Pollution and Human Health: Biologic Mechanisms and Who’s at Risk?. Environmental Health Perspectives, 108, p.713.
Selgrade, M. (2000). Air Pollution and Respiratory Disease: Extrapolating from Animal Models to Human Health Effects. Immunopharmacology, 48(3), pp.319-324.
Rive, N. (2010). Climate Policy in Western Europe and Avoided Costs of Air Pollution Control. Economic Modelling, 27(1), pp.103-115.
Gonzalez, G. (2005). The Politics of Air Pollution. Albany: State University of New York Press.
Grigg, J. (2011). Air Pollution and Children’s Respiratory Health – Gaps in the Global Evidence. Clinical & Experimental Allergy, 41(8), pp.1072-1075.
Order a custom written paper of high quality
-ee Charged with Killing Chicago Cop, Former Cha Officer", "The Devil in the White City" by Larson, Larson describes Chicago by writing about the streets angling past gambling houses, bordellos, and bars, where vice thrived together with the indulgence of the officials.
Advantages of our custom writing services
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Prices starting at just $10/page;
- Overnight delivery option;
- Experienced and capable writers;
- Own plagiarism detection system;
- Free revisions according to our Revision Policy;
- We do not drop HARD or BIG assignments;
- Flexible pricing and great discounts;
- Pay in several installments and receive your paper in parts;
- ENL (US, GB, AU, CA) writers available.
Security & Confidence
The authenticity of our custom essay writing and confidentiality of all information are guaranteed. We do not reuse ANY custom papers and we do not disclose customers’ private information.
- Writing a Group Project on Network Security September 6, 2017
- 20 Network Security Project Topics September 6, 2017
- 10 Facts for a Group Project on Network Security September 6, 2017
20 Network Security Project Topics
September 6, 2017
20 Introduction to Gender Studies Causal Argument Essay Topics
20 Business Law Dissertation Topics
Order a custom written report of high quality
96% of orders delivered on time
8.5 out of 10 average quality score
You are allowed to use the original model paper you will receive in the following ways:
- As a source for additional understanding of the subject
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For proper paraphrasing (see your educational institution’s definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
- Direct citing (if referenced properly)
Thank you very much for your respect to our authors’ copyrights.
Disclaimer: One Freelance Limited – custom writing service that provides online custom written papers, such as term papers, research papers, thesis papers, essays, dissertations and other custom writing services inclusive of research material, for assistance purposes only. These custom papers should be used with proper reference.